Dentures also need your care
The ability of patients to wear full dentures for the first time varies greatly. Young and well-conditioned, with good adaptability and quick chewing ability; on the contrary, the effect is relatively poor. The doctor should explain the possible problems after wearing the complete denture and the importance and significance of wearing the denture on the health of the denture, and fully understand the denture and have full confidence.
(1) Overcoming difficulties and establishing confidence in use: When foreign dentures are worn, they are prone to foreign body sensation. In severe cases, there is even a Dpg~l_, the pronunciation is unclear, and the drooling phenomenon requires the patient to establish confidence and try to compare without discomfort. Long-term dentures are practiced in the mouth.
(2) eating methods: poor adaptability of the initial denture and poor oral conditions (mainly alveolar ridge, flat tongue, tongue hypertrophy), require that they do not rush to eat, just put the denture on the denture and speech after eating. When there is no discomfort and gradually adapt to the advanced soft food, smash it into small pieces and slowly chew it in the population, avoiding the large mouth opening and laterally biting movements, and then entering the general food.
(3) Correcting bad occlusion habits: due to long-term lack of teeth in the mouth, the normal occlusion of the upper and lower teeth is lost; and some patients have abnormal occlusion due to improper use of the full mouth, such as the genital anterior and lateral side of the jaw After chewing, after wearing a new denture, the lower teeth will not be able to bite into the normal position. When the patient is doing the swallowing action in the mirror, the upper and lower teeth are bitten. At this time, the upper teeth are covered to cover the lower teeth, and the shape is normal.
(4) Hygiene and maintenance: After the patient has a meal (preferably after each meal), remove the denture, brush it with a soft toothbrush, and then wear it in the mouth to keep the mouth and denture clean and beneficial to the oral tissue. Health. After the denture is washed before going to bed, it can be decided according to the patient's own requirements whether the denture is worn in the mouth. If you do not wear dentures at night, soak them in clean water, do not use boiling water or soak in syrup.
(5) Timely referral: If the patient does not adapt to the timely follow-up during the use of the denture, the denture will be worn within 1 to 2 hours before the hospital. This can clearly reflect the discomfort area of the mucosa, and can avoid damage and loss of the denture.
(6) Use time: The full denture is not used as long as possible. It is usually replaced once every 5 to 6 years. This is because when a new full denture is completed, the tissue surface is very close to the oral tissue; but after a period of time, due to the continuous absorption of the alveolar bone, the denture and the oral tissue are less and less dense. If it is porcelain teeth, this situation will be more serious. Therefore, after the full denture has been loaded for a period of time, it should be reviewed at the hospital from time to time, and replaced or padded according to the doctor's advice.